Canyon Lake's almost 500 acre lake is home to some of the areas best recreational sports. Residents enjoy the following activities year round on our lake:
Below are some important tips to remember when enjoying the lake:
- All boats 21 feet or less must be registered with the Canyon Lake POA. This includes sailboats, kayaks, canoes, pedal boats, and windsurfers.
- Current registration stickers must be on both sides of the bow.
- Be sure to have a life jacket on hand anytime using the lake. Every rider needs to have a Coast Guard approved life jacket available. Children under the age of 13 must be wearing a life jacket at all time.
- If you are paddleboarding, know where it’s safe to paddle. On Canyon Lake, you can go anywhere within the no-wake areas. This includes the entire East Bay and the areas surrounding the Main Lake. Never use the Main Lake Ski Area. There are boats traveling at high speeds in that area.
- Paddle driven boats can head in any direction within the 5 mph zones. Paddle driven boats can also enter into swim areas if they need to in order to avoid high boating traffic areas.
- Always use extra caution when traveling near Treasure Island. It is against the rules to travel around the outside point of the island where there is not a marked "No-wake Zone". Keep on the inside of the island and go under the bridge instead.
- For moonlight cruises, be sure to bring the right equipment. If using the lake past sunset, boaters must have a flashlight and a whistle available. These items are useful when approaching other boats so that they can clearly identify you on the water. Also, it is always safer to travel with a group at night.
Lake Enthusiast Activity Clubs
Clubs are a great way to unite with those who share a similar interest as you. Canyon Lake has multiple clubs that are focused around lake sports and recreation.
Canyon Lake Bassmasters
The purpose of the club is to promote good sportsmanship and camaraderie among the dedicated and beginning bass anglers of Canyon Lake. The group sponsors the annual Kid's Fishing Derby.
Interested in this club? Click here to send the Canyon Lake Bassmasters an email.
Canyon Lake Ocean Dwellers
The Ocean Dwellers is a snorkel and dive club that promotes the responsible use and care of all water bodies through mutual instruction, guidance and kinship with others who share a love of the ocean and water recreation.
Interested in this club? Click here to visit the Canyon Lake Ocean Dwellers Facebook page.
Canyon Lake Ski Club
Canyon Lake Ski Club is a group of people passionate about promoting, sharing and growing the sport of waterskiing in our Southern California community. Club members work together to host more than 10 events per year including nationally-sanctioned competitions, learn-to-ski days and more.
Interested in this club? Click here to visit the Canyon Lake Ski Club website.
Canyon Lake Triathlon & Fitness Club
The Canyon Lake Triathlon & Fitness Club promotes a healthy lifestyle through swimming, cycling, running and other cross training activities. Club members achieve their goals through free monthly races and group practices.
Interested in this club? Click here to visit the Canyon Lake Triathlon & Fitness Club website.
Canyon Lake Wakeboard Club
The Canyon Lake Wakeboard Club is Southern California’s premier wakeboarding and wakeskating connection. Founded in 1998, they are group of watersport enthusiasts committed to promoting the sport of wakeboarding and wakeskating.
Interested in this club? Click here to visit the Canyon Lake Wakeboard Club website.
Canyon Lake Yacht Club
Canyon Lake Yacht Club consists of enthusiastic members that love to party and love the water. This club gathers frequently for many activities on the water, as well as some land-borne events.
Interested in this club? Click here to visit the Canyon Lake Yacht Club website.
The ShowCal Skiers are a club that is dedicated to the sport of show skiing. Show Skiing has been called the most entertaining discipline in the sport of water skiing. It is fast-moving, exciting, graceful, and most of all, fun to watch. This club often performs at events in the community.
Interested in this club? Click here to email the ShowCal Skiers.